May 11, 2007

The Horse Enters the Sea, and the Sea Holds it

If my body is your body, I must be inside you.
Enter me. Enter me when you're ready, you say,
the way you enter the sea, I imagine you saying,

if your voice equals your expression / your furrows /
your can-you-read-me's: Enter me, enter me you groan like Leda
in the Greek mythology, like the hunger we keep returning to, even if,

all this time, I have entered you the way the horse enters
the sea: in straight line. If I lay my body upon
yours, if you allow me, if we fill each other

like bees-in-honeycomb, we become a kind of sashay:
a sashay like that of the sea and the horse: here,
the horse that enters, and the sea that keeps it,

moans Enter me and I'll assist. The cattails bend,
unbend, at this lean hour, meaning nothing but the wind is
strong
; the sun a yolk glow that follows the horse's cleansing.

No comments: