May 6, 2007

A Lover

Let's make this much
clear:
I have loved you
the way you haven't loved me,
have watered the flowers
the requested number of times,
not with a reluctance but a lover's
willingness, I have plowed these fields,
have watched you laze in the heat-
crippled fields with martini
and grapes, each grape made fresh
and ripe by my hand . . .
have found myself merely this long
accepting. What was there ever in it
for me? If I'd be a bee, you'd be
the flower. No. If I'd be a horse,
you'd be the horseman whipping me
to run faster.

6 comments:

piktor said...

James, is this poem really yours.

If it is, it is great. I like it a lot, the same as the others you posted on Sunday.

James said...

Piktor,

Glad you like it. Hope to see you around.

piktor said...

James, I quit the Spilled to bloodlessness site. There was a post on Monday that was way too vulgar for my taste.

The theme was similar to the last few poems you posted but with such crass language and imagery that it made me revolt.

Your poems are so good they don't seem to be written by an ordinary blogger but by a real poet.

You are indeed a rare find.

I recommend you visit this blog, the author is also a favorite of mine and a damn good writer:

http://cruelvirgin.blogspot.com/

James said...

The offender seem to have posted an apology, in case you haven't checked back.

I'm glad you're enjoying these. Be sure to check out a few of the links I have as well: some darn fine writers there.

I'm fifteen and still have much to learn in terms of poetry, but encouragement is always nice to hear on the long road I've just started walking. :D

Best wishes,
James

piktor said...

James, I wouldn't go back to that place in million years.

The offender gives me the creeps.

For someone as young as you to write this well is remarkable.

I have a daughter that is 11 years older than you. So, I'm a geezer that admires your poems, for they are really beautiful.

James said...

Hehe. Thanks Piktor.

I've been browsing your journal and I am honest when I say you have some lovely paintings in there.

Best,
James